One of the many things the chiropractors treat is pain caused from a misaligned spine. Therefore, seeking chiropractic care after sustaining injuries in a car accident is the right choice.
Since many of their treatments involve a hands-on approach, chiropractors can help realign any vertebrae or discs that are out of place, getting them back in their natural positions. This will help alleviate pain or other symptoms that these injuries are causing.
Dangers of Delaying Treatment
Immediately after a car accident you should seek care from a chiropractor. Many times, you will not feel the full effects of your injuries.
Chiropractors can use diagnostic equipment and training to completely analyze the extend of your injuries. Even if you aren’t very symptomatic at first, your injury could worsen if not treated in time and your symptoms couple worsen also.
Identify and Treat Car Accident Injuries
There are several types of treatment modalities to choose from to help diagnose and treat car accident injuries. Some of these include;
- Spinal manipulation – done by hand or special designated tools, the chiropractor will use gentle force to get the spine back to its natural position, allowing the proper return of function to your back and joints.
- Massage – Helping to ease tension and increase circulation in various muscles will allow the reduction of pain and decrease the healing time.
- Ultrasound – when used with a combination of icing and stretching, ultrasound can help reduce swelling. For safe manipulation of the bones and muscles, swelling needs to be at a minimum. Reduction of swelling will also help alleviate some pain.
- Flexion-distraction – This is a technique that uses a slow and gentle pumping action to help reposition discs that have become herniated while avoiding direct pressure and force to the spine.
- Trigger point therapy – When direct pressure is applied to targeted areas of trigger points, tight muscles may loosen, bones can slip back to their natural positions and pain can be relieved.
- Soft tissue therapy – Known as The Graston technique, where a special hand-held device is passed over soft tissues in a rhythmic pattern to assist in healing of soft tissue injuries.
- Interferential electrical stimulation – Low frequency electrical stimulation is used to targeted areas to help reduce swelling.
- Manual joint resistance – This involves a series of techniques with the goal of repositioning and repairing joints by stimulating the natural energy of the muscles.
Contact Our Conyers, GA Chiropractors After an Accident
When sought out in a timely manner, chiropractic care can help you be rid of pain and other symptoms experienced sooner. It is important not to delay treatment as waiting can cause worsening of injuries and progression of pain, causing more long-term negative affects on your body.
Call one of our Conyers, GA chiropractors today at (404) 602 – 0386 if you have been in a car accident and are ready to start feeling better.